Saturday, December 5, 2020

Love Letter to Desdemona

                                            

                                                Desdemona Image from Shakespeare Online

Oh sweet Desdemona! Ever since I first saw you, I was struck by your beauty, but through talking with you I have realized you have so much more to offer. I did not think I stood a chance. I am a Moor after all, and I never thought you would see me the way that I see you. It started with a visit to your father’s house, discussing some military business. As I was about to leave I turned the corner and there you were. The most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. I was so struck by you that I couldn’t find my voice! All I could do was muster up a feeble wave in your direction, as I darted out the door. I thought about that moment until I had another chance to see you, determined that I would make a better impression and speak to you. I hardly remember what I first said to you, I was so nervous. I found the courage to ask you Thank the Lord I did!

 I used to fight for Venice. Now I fight for your love. I fight for our future. I fight for our future children. I love you Desdemona. Nothing can tear us apart.



Works Cited:

Palmer , Henrietta L. Desdemona . Shakespeare Online, 20 Oct. 2009, www.shakespeare-online.com/plays/characters/sisterhood/sisterhooddesdemona.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Letter to Desdemona

                                                                                                                   Desdemona Image from Shak...