Saturday, December 5, 2020

Dinner with the Father-In-Law

Guys, I need your help! Let me explain the situation really quick. I have dinner tonight with Des’ father. Her father is a senator in Venice, whom I have worked with in the past, but this feels different. Normally we hang out after a battle to celebrate another victory, but now he knows about Desdemona and I.  I have no idea what to wear or what to talk about. Should I bring something with? I am kind of freaking out here.  Maybe some wine, I have definitely seen him with a goblet full of red at a banquet or two. Yes, I think I will bring some wine.

As for what to wear I was thinking something like this:

     Image from Pinterest High Renaissance


Or I could just go with my General of the Armies uniform. Des always says how much she likes when I wear that, and I definitely feel more comfortable wearing that. I think I will probably go with my uniform.

As for what to talk about, I have no idea. I’m nervous that he is going to be angry that I did not ask him for his daughter’s hand. But everything happened so quickly between the two of us. I think the best course of action is for me to take the initiative and bring that topic up myself. Apologize for my lack of customary behavior and ask for forgiveness, while telling him how amazing his daughter is and all of the things I will do to keep her safe and happy during our life together. Wow, talking it out has made me feel a lot better about this dinner. I hope there is tortellini, I have really taken a liking to it since I’ve been in Venice.


Works Cited

Asfour, Leslie. “High Renaissance .” Pinterest, s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/8b/b9/348bb991f05b53b0fb7afb84b76dfdfd.jpg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Letter to Desdemona

                                                                                                                   Desdemona Image from Shak...